Thursday, February 11, 2010

Day 36: Why Bother?

Day 36 asks what fear has kept you from telling people about God. It took me a few seconds to think about this. The fact is, no one wants to be preached to. So many people have been preached to and in a way that its almost like forcing religion down people's throats. I don't know anyone who responds positively to that kind of teaching (if you want to call it that). I personally hate it. I can't stand visiting a church and the second I get in they want to make me a member. I had a recent experience where they asked me twice to go up to the altar. I've had instances when I've felt like I was being stalked. Its a major turn off! I refuse to be one of those people. I believe things should happen naturally. If I happen to get into a conversation about religion then I am happy to tell people about God (or at least what I know thus far). Everyone is not meant to be at the corner with a bible, yelling at people to be saved or burn in hell. While I understand that these are major extremes, these extremists make everyone who believes in God seem like extremists as well.

No comments:

Post a Comment